CollegeCoin – Way2Pay Quick Start Guide
We now have convenient, cashless spending from your College ID card!
Top up and use your college ID card to make payments throughout the college at any payment till while receiving loyalty points and offers automatically!
No need to carry cash around, and no minimum spend, just quick and easy contactless payment from your college ID card that is always on you.
Manage your money, view your balance, and view your loyalty offers from the College Coin mobile app available on Android and iPhone, or from the web portal.
To use Way2Pay you need to login to a web port or use the mobile app to add funds to your ID card. Once money is added, you can tap and hold your card at any of our tills to see and spend your balance.
To get started
- You will have received a welcome email with your login details, (this is different from your college login)
- Login to either the website for Way2Pay, or the mobile app. Links listed below. Please use your college email address and the Way2Pay password provided in the email.
- You can then press Topup in the app, or Settings and manage payment methods on the website to add funds.
- To use your card, go to any till and when you're ready to pay, tell the cashier you are paying cashless and then touch your ID card to the scanner at the front of the till screen. You can also touch and hold here without buying anything to quickly see your balance. If you do not have the full amount left on your card, you have the option to part pay in cash.
Loyalty offers will also be available through the app and website and be collected automatically. For example, there is a coffee points system in place within the Starbucks areas. View Loyalty and rewards within the app to see how many points you have automatically collected buying coffee. Once you have purchased 9 to get 9 virtual stamps, the 10th will automatically become free.
To access the Way2Pay Service
Mobile App: Search on your phone for CollegeCoin. It will have a Derby College Logo for the icon.
iPhone and iPad app: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/collegecoin/id1403325633?mt=8
Frequently Asked Questions
Why would I want to use this?
- It offers the convenience of purchases of any size, direct from the one card that you must always carry when at College. You no longer need to get to a cash machine to draw out £10 to buy 1 coffee. Also, the automatic loyalty points and offers tracking are far more convenient that needing a paper slips to be stamped.
Does this system mean that you will not by accepting cash?
- No, we will continue accepting cash.
Can I part pay with cash and the money on my ID card?
Is there a minimum I must spend each time I use my ID card for payment?
Is there any charge for using Way2Pay?
- No, if you load £10 onto your card, you have £10 to spend.
I can’t login to Way2Pay or my username isn’t recognised.
- Are you using the username and password that you received in your welcome email? (this may not be the same as your college password) If you still have issues Learner Support to log a support ticket with IT Services.
I have forgotten my ID card and I get a meal allowance.
- Please speak to learner servicesI have forgotten my ID card.
- Unfortunately, you will not be able to use Way2Pay today.
I have got a new or replaced ID card and Way2Pay doesn’t work.
- Please wait 2 hours from issue until the card is active for use with Way2Pay.
How do I collect loyalty points?
- We have various promotions thought the year. For instance, you collect a point when your purchase a coffee using your card. You do not need to do anything, it’s automatically added and when you collect enough points the till operator will be presented with a button to issue the drink for no cost. You can check your loyalty points balance from the Way2Pay portal.
My payment card is being declined when adding funds.
- Please first check that your cord details are correct in Way2Pay and the card you wish to use has available funds. You then may wish to contact your bank to make sure that there isn’t any issue on their side. If everything is ok with your card and bank and you still need support, learner support will log a support ticket on your behalf with Way2Pay.